SH2-112, 115 and 116 in Cygnus

don4l

I was trying to make a mosaic of the Cygnus region, but I cannot process the images so that they will look right together (Colour balance mainly). 

I've ended up with some short exposure images which I have been learning how to give colour to the stars.  The image was almost entirely processed in CCDStack, with a tweak of levels given in Picture Window Pro.

This is just the other side of Deneb from the Pelican. 

Exposure (Ha,G,B) 70:12:25

STL6303 on FSQ106 F3.6

SH2115-1PW.jpg

Nice! I am doing that same region tonight in HaRGB, although at a longer FL so I will mainly get Sh2-115 (if I get anything....). You seem to have some reflex in your Ha filter as judged by the red rings around brighter stars. It could be that your filter does not work well for that low f value. Most normal filters only work down to f/4 as I understand it.

It's an old Astronomik filter - (one of the ones that had the problem with reflections).  A new Chroma filter arrived last week - and I can confirm that it doesn't produce the halos.  Unfortunately, I've only had 25 minutes of clear sky since the new filter arrived so I haven't been able to do a proper comparison yet.  It is only 3nm FWHM - (I only learned about the frequency shift problem after I ordered it! ).

Archived