Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pier mount for Skywatcher 180 Pro

Geoff27

I have just completed a pier mount for my (new) Skywatch 180 Pro Mak (only limited use so far because of poor weather but early signs are that this an awsome scope). My thanks to Tony4563 for selling me the HEQ5 pier mounting (sorry I haven't been in contact Tony, my comp fell over and I had to format and reinstall, and I lost loads of stuff). The pier cost nothing!! apart from the HEQ5 pier head (thanks to a very friendly local engineer). I have attached some pics for reference. Thanks.

9786_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

9798_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Looks goog Geoff, I too am a bit confused as to the bolts holding the pier top onto the pier, it looks as though they are to be used for leveling purposes. The pier top has its own leveling adjustment built in.

But it does look the part and no doubt will serve you well.

I must get my finger out, locate a bit of ducting and build mine. (once SWMBO has sanctioned the buld that is..)

Gary

Archived