Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help with pricing Pentax 75 EDHF and original 0.72x reducer

Hi,

I'm hoping I can get some community advice for pricing some rare equipment I am likely going to sell to fund a new scope.

I have the Pentax 75 EDHF APO attached in the pictures and family in Japan recently sourced the original matching 0.72x reducer for me. Now I know these are rare, especially the reducer but I have no idea where to start pricing this. It also comes with various 0.96" eye pieces and the original MS-2 mount which I've never assembled.

PENTAX K20mm

VIXEN ORTHO 6mm

VIXEN ORTHO 9mm

VIXEN ORTHO 12.5mm

Zeiss 25mm (ca 1930-40)

CELESTRON 2X BARLOW

Can anyone help me or point me in the direction of someone who can help me?

Thanks in advance

Chris

IMG_1259.JPG

IMG_1260.JPG

IMG_1261.JPG

IMG_1265.JPG

IMG_1268.JPG

IMG_1275.JPG

The usual guideline is around 60% of the retail price for equipment in excellent condition. For rare items perhaps a bit more - say 70% of the retail price ?

The items you have have been out of production for years now so you will probably have to make an educated guess as to a reasonable price to ask. The Vixen eyepieces do come up for sale now and then and go for around £25 each I seem to recall. The Pentax Kellner and the Celestron barlow probably around the same. The Zeiss might be priced quite a bit higher. .965 inch eyepieces are not much in demand today though. The scope is the main item and seemed to cost around $850 back in the mid 1980's I understand. Optical and cosmetic condition will impact the price you get of course - the % I've mentioned above assume very good to exellent condition.

No precision in this of course - it's whether there is any interest out there. Try the UK Astro Buy & Sell website when you want to try and sell and see what happens ?

Thanks John,

I'd hope to sell as a package but it's good to know a ball park for the individual elements. 

I had a quick search after my post and managed to find some archived ads from AstroMart. Seems they still sold around the $1000 +/-200 a few years ago. The only one I found with the reducer was advertised for $1300! I don't expect that but good to know they must still be desirable for someone!

Yes, that's right I did! Now I've decided to sell as an Esprit 100ED has come up locally and I feel that will suit my ZWO camera better.

I would like this to go to a good home though. Maybe someone who collects these things but I believe it's still a highly capable observing and imaging instrument. 

Archived