Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mount identity crisis: EQ6-R or AZ-GT6

ste7e

Hello all

Whenever I switch on my EQ6R-Pro the SynScan handset asks me if I want to use Eq mode or AltAz mode - which shouldn't be an option according to my thinking.  The EQ6-R is an Eq-only mount isn't it?

Also, my PHD2 logs report the mount as an AZ-GT6. 

Is it just my mount that is a bit confused about its identity or do other EQ6-R users see the same thing?

Steve

I think they use the same handset for all their SynScan mounts. But the handset should query the mount to identify it and only ask the question for dual-mode mounts. That's my assumption from reading the manual, anyhow. 

That's what made me ask if mine is the only EQ6-R that does this or is it the same for all?

I've an AZ-EQ5 and and EQ6-R. When I plug the handset that came with the AZ-EQ5 in the EQ6-R, it asks for the AZ/EQ mode. The original one wasn't asking and I don't know how the EQ6-R's original handset behaves on the AZ-EQ5.

Archived