NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 891 test shot unidentified fuzzie

thing

I was just testing the tracking on my HEQ5 by taking some unguided 4 minute shots of NGC 891 (trailed a bit actually) but theres another fuzzie to the right and down, does anyone know what it is? Looks like there may be some more blobs, elliptical galaxies maybe(?) at the bottom too.

3x4 mins at prime focus.

9724_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Edit: after a bit of searching I think the small spiral is NGC 898 and the two at the bottom are NGC 906 and NGC 910.

Thanks Rog.

Carol I'll have to look that up, I don't even know what it is!

Billy, yes, I think probably the best bit of kit I've bought!! :) I have two cards as well so I take subs on one subject, go out when it's finished, change the card, set it off again and go in and start processing the first card while the camera is doing it's stuff with the second card. Between subs it depends on how many stars there are. I find something like the Double needs about a minute's delay while the camera does it's processing thing but something dim like 891 needs about 10 seconds.

Archived