Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mesu 200 query

gazza

Hi,

I have a Mesu 200 that I've had for around 18 months. I love it - it has performed superbly from the first day I powered it up. Guiding and pointing are superb. There is one feature though that I sorely miss - Auto Home (go to home position automaitcally on power up or command).  Is there any way to add this to the mount - by fitting switches or sensors of some type? Has anyone done this? It would save lots of fiddling when changing equipment during a session which usually requires re balancing, re plate solving to sync the mounts position etc. Can get very tedious when trying to fault find or adjust other equipment. It's not a blocker, but it would turn a very good mount into a great one......

cheers

Gary

Hi Gary,

Ive always made my SetPrk to be aligned with the RA & Dec locks;

When you want to make changes park the mount push the locks into place & switch the mount off;

Make your changes manually balance & return to park position & lock;

Power up the mount unlock UnPrk & off you go.

Peter

5 hours ago, whipdry said:

Hi Gary,

Ive always made my SetPrk to be aligned with the RA & Dec locks;

When you want to make changes park the mount push the locks into place & switch the mount off;

Make your changes manually balance & return to park position & lock;

Power up the mount unlock UnPrk & off you go.

Peter

Hi Peter,

that is what I currently do, however being a bit slow, I occasionally don't park or unpark as "efficiently " as I should ?

Hoping to find a way around my deficiencies...

cheers

Gary 

Archived