Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pixinsight rgb working space?

Hi when I have created my dslr rgb master in pixinsight I like to split the rgb channels and use the lowest noise value and use linearfit to balance the channels,But should I first do a rgb working space to my master rgb before the linearfit process or do you use rgbworking space before making a luminance mask,or do I miss understand what rgb working space does.

3 hours ago, redfox1971 said:

Hi when I have created my dslr rgb master in pixinsight I like to split the rgb channels and use the lowest noise value and use linearfit to balance the channels,But should I first do a rgb working space to my master rgb before the linearfit process or do you use rgbworking space before making a luminance mask,or do I miss understand what rgb working space does.

For colour calibration of your image you should use the Pixinsight Photometric Colour Calibration (PCC) tool. If you want to extract a synthetic luminescence from your RGB data then apply RGB working space before the extraction and make sure you have set the sliders to unity so that the RGB channels are given even weight prior to the Lum extraction. 

Linear fit  attempts to work out a linear relationship between two images based on their brightness values, it has nothing to do with colour calibration. 

Alan

2 hours ago, alan4908 said:

For colour calibration of your image you should use the Pixinsight Photometric Colour Calibration (PCC) tool. If you want to extract a synthetic luminescence from your RGB data then apply RGB working space before the extraction and make sure you have set the sliders to unity so that the RGB channels are given even weight prior to the Lum extraction. 

Linear fit  attempts to work out a linear relationship between two images based on their brightness values, it has nothing to do with colour calibration. 

Alan

Thanks Alan so your saying their is no point balancing the channels with linearfit before dbe i should just link rgb channels so i can can see the image.

1 hour ago, redfox1971 said:

Thanks Alan so your saying their is no point balancing the channels with linearfit before dbe i should just link rgb channels so i can can see the image.

In order to see the image before DBE you just need to apply the Screen Transfer Function (STF). 

I wouldn't advise using Linear Fit to colour balance images.

Alan

Archived