SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Affordable binoculars with 45° eyepieces.

I have to say that I donot  get on with large binoculars mounted on tripods. When looking higher in the sky, the Eyepiece rubbers dig into my nose as I squat to look into them. It has caused me to wonder about larger diameter binoculars with 45° eyepieces. Are there any  affordable models with this Eyepiece configuration? They could be tripod mounted and give a more comfortable viewing experience. 

I don't think there are any that would fall into a reasonable price bracket .  The only ones I can think of are the Vixens which start at about 1,000 quid. ☹️ and that's without a tripod...

48 minutes ago, daveintheshire said:

Sorry Grumpy Martian - its not a helpful response, though if you find such a thing then I want one too!

I was wondering if your avatar is a Michael Whelan painting?

Clear Skies,

Dave.

You are right, good spot. It is Michael Whelan's art.

It's a paperback sc fi novel from the 1970's Ray Bradbury "The Martian Chronicles". I will try and find the artist. Thanks

I think, for astronomy, if you wish to use angled eyepieces, then the 90 degree versions are more comfortable to use. Still just as expensive though. An alternative would be to use a binocular on a mirror mount.   ?

Archived