Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My Cygnus collection

Desolation4all

My current Cygnus collection, which is not all that many photos, consisting of the North America Nebula/Pelican Nebula and the Veil Nebula. I am thinking of doing the region around Sadr next, but it could also be something else (Andromeda/Perseus/Taurus are slowly rising over the nights here so I can finally see them from the backyard). Both were done with the Samyang 135mm @f2 on a Canon 450D with Astronomik CLS, both mounted on a Star Adventurer, ISO 400.

For the North America Nebula/Pelican Nebula:

85 90 s lights, 18 darks and 17 flats

cyg5.thumb.jpg.6ce055903b99cb75e4bab9c407df3903.jpg

Veil Nebula:

47 90 s + 40 60 s lights, 31 darks and 21 flats

veil.thumb.jpg.aad0e96b689243b5e617628e6327b928.jpg

Polar alignment seems somewhat lacking when I did the Veil given the slightly elongated stars, but for 90s with a 135mm on a Star Adventurer seems allright. Once again, this lens continues to impress me: flat fields and incredible light gathering properties combine for a great astrophotography lens.

Nice work 

I too have been working on Cygnus, mainly the veil region with telescopes but too have the Samyang lens you have been using and am looking forward to putting it through it’s paces soon when I can get to darker skies. 

Thanks for sharing 

Bryan 

Archived