Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron NexStar 60 SLT

I will probably try the relfector on the mount as you said, though I expect that the refractor that this comes with will probably give similar performance. I have been very underwhelmed with the reflector to be honest. It wasnt a GREAT deal of money, but still expected a bit better to be honest.

As for the advice so far, I really appreciate it. I will probably look at a 80mm APO, as this will hopefully give me lovely clear sharp images which I think is what I am after.

Alex

What make is your 4.5 inch ? - the Skywatcher ones work very well and can show quite a lot. Maybe there is something wrong with yours ?.

John

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you mean the software Alex, no I don't think it's transferable. The mount head could be detatched from the tripod legs and put on alternative legs I guess. I did the latter with a Skywatcher SuperTrak mount because the tripod supplied with it was a bit feeble - a better set of legs made the whole thing more stable.

John

Archived