A quick session around Sadr

gonzostar

Well this is a quick processing effort 2 hours worth of 5 min subs around Sadr area to see if i could collect Ha with the 70d unmodded camera

Also would i benefit if pursued with this area around Sadr, or any other suggestions

I have also included the tiff file if you want to have ago :)

Autosave001.tif

sadr-area-120mins2.thumb.png.b39e1f4582d312a9d50e269c9837c1dd.png

Cheers

Dean

Btw, I think you have a bit of a spacing problem with your reducer. There is a graphic going around in this forum that shows whether the distance between reducer/flattener and sensor is too small or too large. If I recall correctly, it's too small.

Sadr_Gonzostar_corners.thumb.jpg.a66a0b2427d13b697c028912c4905e3d.jpg

Thanks for posting the autosave. I love this bit of sky and might have a go myself tonight! You have got the North American Nebula and the Crescent Nebula nearby. It would be worth trying out your 70D on one of those.

Here is my rendition:-

Autosave001.thumb.png.c58f8c1f7ea8067d02f8d5ada0bc5158.png

1 hour ago, wimvb said:

Btw, I think you have a bit of a spacing problem with your reducer. There is a graphic going around in this forum that shows whether the distance between reducer/flattener and sensor is too small or too large. If I recall correctly, it's too small.

Sadr_Gonzostar_corners.thumb.jpg.a66a0b2427d13b697c028912c4905e3d.jpg

Thanks Wim. I think the spacing between the sensor and reducer is a large one, because i am not using one yet ? But thanks for pointing that out and will look into it. Thanks for having ago Image looks a lot better

Cheers

Dean

19 minutes ago, StargeezerTim said:

Thanks for posting the autosave. I love this bit of sky and might have a go myself tonight! You have got the North American Nebula and the Crescent Nebula nearby. It would be worth trying out your 70D on one of those.

Here is my rendition:-

Autosave001.thumb.png.c58f8c1f7ea8067d02f8d5ada0bc5158.png

Thankyou for giving it ago Looks much better then my effort. Liking the star colours also.  I was wondering which target to go for, latter in the summer once i have done what i can with the Sagittarius targets.

Cheers 

Dean

2 hours ago, gonzostar said:

Thanks Wim. I think the spacing between the sensor and reducer is a large one, because i am not using one yet ?

There's always one more thing to buy in this hobby, isn't there. Personally, I don't find the elongated stars very distracting. I justed noticed them when I processed your image.

Archived