NGC 7331 and Stephan’s Quintet

tomato

OK, I know I shouldn’t be imaging galaxies from North Yorkshire in July, but all the good stuff in Sagittarius is  very low down and right above the brightest LED streetlight in Thirsk.

So I went for this well placed target, 30 mins each of LRGB with the Esprit 150, Mesu 200 and Moravian G2-8300.

Needless to say I have struggled with a noisy background, best result (I think) came from calibration, stacking and initial processing in APP, followed by some final tweaking in PS.

Thanks for looking3E6A5A79-C371-43C9-BDB8-2CB34371B19B.thumb.jpeg.36c65be8125093de877c6a7ad8e53c08.jpeg

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Comparing these subs with those taken with the Altair 102 under similar conditions, I think the bigger aperture is definitely helping.

For sure, my next biggest improvement will come with retirement and a move to a permenant set up to facilitate total integration hours in double figures. ?

Archived