M7 from City Skies

astrosathya

Two nights ago I captured the below image of M7 in Scorpius using my GSO 6 inch f/9 Ritchey-Chretien telescope and my self modded DSLR. The data is only 1h 7m 30s total. After looking at images of the same object taken by others, its quite obvious that something is lacking. My technique or exposure time etc., I am not able to quite figure out. Any help in thsi regard will be appreciated.

Scope: GSO 6inch f/9 Ritchey Chretien 
Mount: Sky-Watcher HEQ5-PRO (2012)
Camera: Canon 500Da (self mod)
ISO3200 (I forgot to change it to 800, but it didn't harm)
135 x 30s Lights (1h 7m 30s)
~75 Darks,
~40 Av mode Vest Sky Flats
~43 Bias.
Software:
Deep Sky Stacker 4 for stacking
Photoshop for processing.

M7smallJPEG.jpg

Nice one.

One of my most memorable moments was capturing M7 from my location, peaking a mere 4° above the horizon (and the streetlights!), so I only managed to get about half an hour of data. Still, turned out reasonable, but nowhere near as good as yours.

Thanks for the memory.

3 hours ago, Demonperformer said:

Nice one.

One of my most memorable moments was capturing M7 from my location, peaking a mere 4° above the horizon (and the streetlights!), so I only managed to get about half an hour of data. Still, turned out reasonable, but nowhere near as good as yours.

Thanks for the memory.

You just made my day calling my image good. Will make me strive harder. But seriously, I think I need to image this from the village or something maybe, or even longer exposures, I don't know. But yes, I don't entirely hate my image now. When I uploaded it to facebook, it looked like crap because of reduced quality.

Archived