Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stacked Moon from smartphone video

Hi all! I am new in Moon photography, till this day I took only DSO-s with my Huawei P10. About Moon I took also, but I've seen that, its true: one shot of Moon cannot show nothing. Before yesterday I made an UHD video with my Huawei P10 and Celestron Nexstar 8" SE on Alt-az mount, 25 mm plössl eyepiece. From this video I took out 982 frames with PiPP and stacked the best 30% (195 frames) with Registax. Of course with recommended settings, because I have no experience with these programs. I would ask you about that, how is it good now? Looks good , detailed enough or weak effort? As beginner I love this pic, but how it looks for an expert/how can I make it better?

holdproba3.jpg

I cannot call myself an expert, but I could not hold myself without commenting! :)
It is very, very good as for a Smartphone photography! 
You managed to catch a lot of details and even some colours.

I presume you have collected a very nice data and a bit of practice in postprocessing, would bring even better results.
P.S.
Always keep an eye on the brightest parts, plus try to play with small saturation adjustments.
Registrax does a good initial sharpening, but not the rest, so try to finalise image on Photoshop or Gimp, plus they have some sharpening methods also.

Even without my mentioned adjustments, I would never tell it was done via smartphone! :)

Good job! :)

58 minutes ago, RolandKol said:

I cannot call myself an expert, but I could not hold myself without commenting! :)

Thank you very much! :) I am happy for that! With Photoshop I did some sharpening and contrast too, but I don't want to do more, because still I don't really understand that, what I do :D

And just in comparison to your pic, check mine below:

It was my first Moon pic done in Narrowband using ASI1600MM PRO via Skywatcher 130PDS
Not much difference! :) but the difference in the price of the equipment flushes my work to the toilet :) 

rHA_gOIII_bSII

:)

There are very much potencial with good moves in these programs! I will practice that. Your image is beautifull! I think, with the small chip of my phone will be never so nice like yours, but this is only the beginning.

Archived