Mixed bag

wookie1965

My intention was to view Ophiuchus had a list of doubles and clusters, this wasn't to be as it is now drifted south behind the shield I have had to make block out the dreaded street light.

70 Ophiuchi (SAO 1231 07) Tight double X250 Orange/red pair 

61 Ophiuchi (SAO 1226 90) white twins 

Σ2276  (SAO 1033 73) White primary with a red/brown secondary split by a hair.

Now as I had not planned anything just went for a few in Hercules.

α Hercules (SAO 1026 81)  Orange/red primary a delicate lilac companion.

δ Hercules (SAO 0849 51) yellow primary delicate blue/white companion at X125

κ Hercules (SAO 1019 51) Light yellow primary and pale red companion.

μ Hercules (SAO 0853 97) Yellow primary with off white secondary.

95 Hercules (SAO 0856 48) twin straw yellow split by a hair.

I could see Saturn and wanted to get a view of this before it drifted south 

I wasn't disappointed with the 11mm televue lovely contrast I could easily see the rings and Titan first look this year.

Totally forgot showpiece globs in Hercules went to M57 one of my favourites. with the 11mm and UHC filter lovely circle of blue.

Mu Cephei (SAO 0336 93) Brilliant carbon star lovely dark orange colour unmistakable.

Finally first look at M31 looked at lot better at lower mag could see the central bulge with wisps coming away from each side, when I went to a 15mm just looked diffuse.

That was it not a bad night just going have to plan south/east now as the South is out because of the street light.

That's a nice bunch of doubles there with good descriptions. Reading about these type of observing sessions really make me want to get the scope out and start veiwing - but I'm having to wait for the darker skies to return..

Keep them coming 

Good to see you getting out Paul.

I've been relatively quiet on here for a few months due to other projects but hoping for a good August and autumn.

Only one outing booked upto now so need to plan a few more.

5 hours ago, mapstar said:

Good to see you getting out Paul.

I've been relatively quiet on here for a few months due to other projects but hoping for a good August and autumn.

Only one outing booked upto now so need to plan a few more.

I've noticed you have been quiet even on W.A.D.S. I have nothing planned at all not sure if I am going on any trips the rest of this year just be back yard viewing I think.

Archived