SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Large L shaped mounting brackets made?

Rather than mounting a scope vertically on the side of a T top mount, I would prefer to do that horizontally, as on top such as on a GEM plate before its swivelled. 

This preference is purely for ease & added security when using an OTA with a handle on top, but also generally for being able to secure & attach accessories with the OTA supported from beneath, before use. 

So what I'm asking is, are there any large strong L mounting brackets made, similar to the small ones available for cameras, binoculars etc for attaching to a vertical plate or bar?

I confess I don't understand your distrust of perfectly safe methods of mounting scopes, proven over the years, but there we go.

This is a reasonably decent one, my experience though is that you are always likely to get a little more vibration vs mounting normally.

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p7917_TS-Optics-Optics-L-Halter-fuer-Fernglaeser-und-Spektive.html

Archived