SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A6000 for planetary imaging

Good evening

I've recently bought our first scope a Skymax 127 az gti and am thoroughly impressed with how easy it was to set up and use.

I've recently bought a t to nex e mount adaptor to mount my Sony A6000 camera for lunar shots and wondered if that is as simple as it is?

I asked the guys who I bought my adaptor from and they said yes, but, another guy said I need to buy a nose piece also?

Have any of you attached an A6000 to a similar scope and could shed any light?

many thanks

13 minutes ago, PaulConfused said:

Good evening

I've recently bought our first scope a Skymax 127 az gti and am thoroughly impressed with how easy it was to set up and use.

I've recently bought a t to nex e mount adaptor to mount my Sony A6000 camera for lunar shots and wondered if that is as simple as it is?

I asked the guys who I bought my adaptor from and they said yes, but, another guy said I need to buy a nose piece also?

Have any of you attached an A6000 to a similar scope and could shed any light?

many thanks

Your t-adapter should screw onto the short tube attached to the back of the telescope normally used to connect the diagonal, no need for a nosepiece.

2 minutes ago, Cornelius Varley said:

Your t-adapter should screw onto the short tube attached to the back of the telescope normally used to connect the diagonal, no need for a nosepiece.

Fabulous! That is what I was hoping. I also made sure to buy a barlow with a t screw thread also. Can't wait for some clear skies to try it now!

Archived