NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Power Supply Adaptor Cable Question

I have a 13.2v 4.3Ah battery pack that I'd like to use to power my AZ Gti mount, it's a battery for my mountain bike lights, but the plug is a 2.5x5.5mm centre negative plug whereas the mount has a 2.1x5.5mm centre positive socket, so I need an adaptor that has a 2.5/5.5mm socket at one end and a 2.1/5.5mm plug at the other, but is wired to reverse the polarity of the centre pin.

I thought that a combination of the following items would solve the issue.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B002IRRYL6?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

And

https://www.amazon.co.uk/5-5mm-2-5mm-Female-Adapter-Converter-Jack/dp/B00NLDLDIQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1528489839&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=2.5+x+5.5+female+to+2.1+x+5.5+male&dpPl=1&dpID=41cvWoWQOvL&ref=plSrch

However, this combination doesn't seem to supply enough power as the mount refuses to slew although the LED lights and the WiFi works.

My soldering skills aren't up to much so does anyone know where I might find such an adaptor or be able to get one made up?

Google searches haven't found much but I might no be using the correct terminology.

Ade

Hi Ade,

I had the parts you needed as spares in my component bins and made this lead up for you. If you pm me your address I'll pop it in the post to you. They only cost a few pence so no need for any payment. I'm sure they'll appreciate being used rather than just lounging around gathering dust. ?

Plug-Skt.png.ed731218d94de327c608308a35d667b3.png

Your combination of adaptors probably had too much resistance to allow your mount to slew.

Alan

Archived