anybody use the zwo lrgb optimized filters for the asi1600

1 hour ago, Wirral man said:

ok will watch them and give it a go 

aftet watching them videos i dont see that it would be quicker as still need stars to appear to use the software the same as sharp cap?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are 2 weeks from the summer solstice so you are going to struggle for dark time! I've pretty much given up now until August. Maybe grab a globular if I get a clear Friday or Saturday night as they only need short exposures. Apart from that it's wrong time of the year!

57 minutes ago, Wirral man said:

aftet watching them videos i dont see that it would be quicker as still need stars to appear to use the software the same as sharp cap?

You really only need Polaris. Certainly for PDA that is sufficient. With SPA, a couple more stars are better but one is enough. Sharpcap needs more because it has to plate solve and the only other stars near the pole are quite faint.

2 hours ago, david_taurus83 said:

We are 2 weeks from the summer solstice so you are going to struggle for dark time! I've pretty much given up now until August. Maybe grab a globular if I get a clear Friday or Saturday night as they only need short exposures. Apart from that it's wrong time of the year!

you speak hard truths!! but correct i may have to rethink my times in the week im walking around like a zombie with lots of effing mozzy bites also.

tired itchy and broke 

I started at Christmas John, I was lucky we had long nights. I tinkered in the day so I knew what was what and come imaging time I was ready to rock n roll. Like you I was here asking many questions and received very good advice. I am really looking forward to the dark nights again so I can really have a good go at it. 
I stopped short of plate solving. I figured I'd save that for the future. 

You've come a long way in a short time, when September comes around you'll be out there like a pro!
If it means anything, this last six months has flown by, dark nights will soon be here my friend. :) 

15 hours ago, Redscouse said:

I started at Christmas John, I was lucky we had long nights. I tinkered in the day so I knew what was what and come imaging time I was ready to rock n roll. Like you I was here asking many questions and received very good advice. I am really looking forward to the dark nights again so I can really have a good go at it. 
I stopped short of plate solving. I figured I'd save that for the future. 

You've come a long way in a short time, when September comes around you'll be out there like a pro!
If it means anything, this last six months has flown by, dark nights will soon be here my friend. :) 

Thanks for the support i to am looking forward to the return of orion, on a side note i tried different settings on the 1600 last night just used the presets in the driver unity gain seams good but i tried lowest read noise and it looks so grainy is that normal?

Archived