auto focus with apt

Hi all can you get a device which attaches to the skywatcher evostar 80ed pro and can be controlled automatically via apt as the filters i have (which yet to test) are not parfocal so this would focus each filter automatically or am i wrong on this??

1 minute ago, Wirral man said:

Hi all can you get a device which attaches to the skywatcher evostar 80ed pro and can be controlled automatically via apt as the filters i have (which yet to test) are not parfocal so this would focus each filter automatically or am i wrong on this??

Yes autofocus units are readily available.  Google search Lakeside, Pegasus or SharpSky autofocus and you will find 3 units widely used and highly rated.  IKI sells Lakeside, and Altair sell Pegasus.

I'm not sure how good the APT autofocus routine is as it has had some critical reviews, but things may well have changed now in this regard.

Archived