Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lunt LS 60 proves itself

Solar B

Got a chance today to put the Lunt through its paces again this being the first opportunity for about 2 weeks :?

Not sure what the difference was but i was impressed with its preformance...surface detail seemed much more evident than normal...and the new active regions were visible...but it was when i looked at the Suns limb i got my biggest surprise :sunny: ...while watching a chimney stack shaped prom i became aware of the Chromospheres very edge in the form of Spicules...their uneven form stood out for me and they appeared as a slightly different hue compared to the rest of the disc...the seeing enabled me to use a slightly higher mag than normal...but TBH im not one for pushing mags as i prefer quality over quanity...but at 8mm there was more available...so having not really pushed the scope it appears it has even more to offer...all this without even a shade...and iam still familiarizing myself with its settings mainly the etalon tilt/tuning mechanism and focuser...so in summary iam happy with the views it offers.

Brian

Archived