nikon D3200 and ETX70

I'm having some issues with taking photos with my Nikon D3200 and MEADE ETX-70AT Telescope. I have all adapters to fit into the 1.25 eyepiece. I've set my camera to Manual and turned the view screen on and all I see is a big white spot. When i take a photo it's black. I've played around with the focus on the telescope and it doesn't seem to focus either. Am I missing something or could my telescope be busted?

I have the same camera and I've noticed that changes you make in manual mode don't affect the image in live view. Like happy-kat suggested, try a big bright object like the moon to practice on. You'll need to experiment with the camera settings and focus settings on the telescope. If can be very tricky doing prime focus photography on objects other than the moon or the planets. Experiment! 

Reggie

Archived