Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M13 at 355mm

Scooot

Took this with the canon & baby tak on the star adventurer. 25 1 minute subs at iso800. I’m still not getting very good star colours but maybe my light pollution is making that difficult.

F90C5D61-5C08-4062-AEF2-047F4948D3D9.thumb.png.5dc47d6480bd59a19bf36c934cd67720.png

3 hours ago, Louis D said:

You could try taking shorter subs or use a lower ISO to see if that brings out more detail in the actual GC by reducing blooming toward the center.

Thanks Louis D, I’ll try that. I wondered whether it was light pollution because even the fainter stars are all very similar colours. Regarding blooming I also wonder whether my focus is out a touch. I don’t have fine focus control on the tak so I find it quite difficult to adjust exactly. I do increase the ISO to max and zoom in on a star to help in the live display but the stars are still difficult to see & according to the bahtinov mask I am in focus.

Archived