Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Early Sagittarius observing

GavStar

So after my 1x Night Vision observing earlier, I was packing up and decided to have a quick look at the nebulae in Sagittarius. They were very close to the nearly full moon and low down so I wasn’t optimistic.

However, with my NV monoculars I could pick out several h alpha spots. As they were small I decided to get my Tak fc100 out for a quick higher magnification look.

So first up was the eagle nebulae. This was a first for me - I’ve tried with normal eyepieces but clouds or the low height of the object always scuppered it. Not this time! ?

With the az gti goto Mount aligned, I pushed in eagle nebula and there it was, right in the middle of the fov. Not high mag only around 15x but very obvious.

The only other one high enough for me to view was the omega or swan nebula. Again straight into the middle of the fov and looking very like a swan. But now I must really go to bed!

Hopefully I will be able to spend longer on these two over the next few days.

1940F7D9-ED15-47F0-AFB8-8EB6FE499E43.jpeg

41181380-52C6-4D42-9A38-3FF4FBE6FAC9.jpeg

Archived