Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Camera Adaptors

JDWolf

Just got my self a new Fujifilm Finepix S5700 (a nice little bridge camera). Took a nice pic of the moon last night with and now i really want to see it i can attach it to my scope and get some pics of the stars. But i have a few questions?

If I bought the camera adaptor from the link below is that all i would need or would i also need a T mount? Is a T mount just for attaching cameras to eyepieces?

http://www.telescopehouse.com/acatalog/Revelation_T_Adaptor_1_25__.html

Sorry if this is in the wrong fourm, wasnt quite sure where to put it!

Oh and here is the pic of the moon i took :

http://stargazerslounge.com/index.php/topic,32668.0.html

Jon, The T Adaptor is for connecting an SLR using a T mount to a nose piece. This is for prime focus imaging. The Fuji, being a bridge camera isn't going to have a removeable lens, so can't get fitted with a T mount. Something like the Baader clickstop adaptor, which attaches to the tripod thread on the camera and swings the camera into position behind an ep (afocal imaging) would work better with that camera.

Jon,

Just read your post. As it happens I have spare "Baader Click Stop" adapter:-

9182_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

If you want it you can have it for £10 + Postage (about another £2 of £3).

Regards,

phiksail1

P.S. There is this other type of adaptor on the market:-

9183_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

This type (in my opinion is a little more easier to use, although the Baader "click Stop" is more adaptable to diiferent camera and telescope eyepieces.

The S5700 has a threaded lens (46mm I think) so just get a 46mm to T2 adapter and then a T2 threaded ring for the eyepiece. This is a better idea than any of these 'digital camera adapters' you see on the market - much more stable and secure. My only worry would be that looking at the specs the S5700 seems only to do 4sec max exposure.

NigelM

Thanks Thing, hopefully I will have some more shots of the moon soon. As Phil has kindly sold me his clickstop and a very reasonable price.

Nigel, at the moment I don’t have a motor for my mount so long exposures are going to be out of the question. Think really I am going to be limited to taking nice photos of the moon. Later on I think I am going to invest in a motor and at that point I might look to get a full DSLR camera.

Basically I am only using the S5700 as a stepping stone, so I can get to grips with the basics.

Thanks for all of your advice!

Archived