Refractor Galaxies - Messier 64 The Soft-Serve Ice Cream Galaxy

Petergoodhew

I thought I would add to the current fashion of capturing galaxies using refractors.  So here's my attempt at Messier 64 - The Black Eye Galaxy. Captured over a couple of nights with my TMB in Spain, and while visiting Olly at Les Granges capturing M101.

13 hours total integration (48x600s luminance, 12x600s for each RGB channel), Alcalalí, Spain on 18-19/4/2018.

Processed using CCD Stack, Registar, and Photoshop.

M64 LRGB final V2.jpg

Gorgeous, creamy-smooth look to this! It could be called The Soft-Serve Ice Cream Galaxy. Like Peter above, I love it too. Maybe just watch the magentas visible in the stars and just maybe tinging the galaxy colour a tad.

Olly

3 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Gorgeous, creamy-smooth look to this! It could be called The Soft-Serve Ice Cream Galaxy. Like Peter above, I love it too. Maybe just watch the magentas visible in the stars and just maybe tinging the galaxy colour a tad.

Olly

Thanks Olly.  Yes I prefer your title for the galaxy!  Have demagentarised the stars - and reworked the colour and luminance of the ice cream.

• Petergoodhew changed the title to Refractor Galaxies - Messier 64 The Soft-Serve Ice Cream Galaxy

Archived