Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dimensions of Baader MPCC

I make it 54mm , mine is a celestron mpcc.

Perfect, thanks, Mike - I did a rough calculation by drawing rectangles over a photograph of one in CorelDraw and got a figure of 54.39mm so 54 is good. As you say, it won't fit inside a 2" tube as it is the 'face plate' designed to stop it going right through a 2" holder but the important thing is that it WILL fit inside the focus tube of a Skywatcher 8" or 10" Reflector and that is what I need it to do!

But I hear the newer Badder MPCC's have a removable flange so you can fit itside the 2" focuser.

This is true and it leaves you with a 48mm thread so that you can screw it into the base of a 2" EP in place of a filter.

What you up to this time Steve icon_wink.gif

This time, I am mainly designing an adapter that will allow me to use the MPCC with a SW Reflector and have more than enough focus travel - in fact the design is done, watch this space!

Thanks guys.

Archived