NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Iris and Ghost

Allinthehead

17 minutes ago, Alfredo Beltran said:

Good!

How does it perform now?

Id like to buy one to use with my C925 EdgeHD and hyperstar (f2.3), for RGB and narrow band (yes with an OSC since I’ve done it successfully with that combo and the DSLR). It can be done drizzling the es channel.

Alfredo

It's performing beautifully now. Absolutely no issues since the upgrade.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lovely image. I've spent more time on this target than any other over the past few years but have yet to get an image I'm happy with. Any hints for uncovering and processing the dust in PS? Also, what length subs did you obtain?

On 10/05/2018 at 12:50, StargeezerTim said:

Lovely image. I've spent more time on this target than any other over the past few years but have yet to get an image I'm happy with. Any hints for uncovering and processing the dust in PS? Also, what length subs did you obtain?

Hi Tim thanks glad you like it. The sub lengths were 180 seconds as anything longer was turning orange from the light pollution. 

First of all really good calibration frames make a huge difference and what i find works well with dusty regions is to reduce the stars as much as possible without introducing artifacts. Brighten and sharpen areas of interest, put them as layers underneath, then use your eraser to let them through. Very small changes made multiple times seems to work well and i inspect the entire image after any adjustments looking for unwanted effects. With most of the changes i make i then blend them back in at about 50%. If you'd like i can give you the calibrated stack to play with as i found even with 12 hours of data using my Star 71 i couldn't make a good image with it so i'm suspecting my data was very poor. The difference here i feel was the optics.

Archived