Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AVX NexStar

greealilee

Any help please. While trying to align last night with my AVX mount with the NexStar hand controller, I couldn't get it to go to slew to the first star. It would come up with slewing to Capella which was in the West and it would point in the opposite direction. So I switched off, started again checking time, date and location and again it pointed in the wrong direction. I tried this at least 10 times also switching between daylight saving and standard time just to make sure that the Sun had not got to my head, still with no joy. Do you think it could do with updating!

Did you definitely have the dec axis rotated the correct way to begin with? (i.e. with the two silver marks aligned). I accidentally started with the saddle backwards last night and exactly what you described happened to me.

Archived