NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

celestron 76 bargain

Demonperformer

Was in Maplin the other day and they had a celestron 76 first scope as part of their closing down sale at £39.99. I know this is not the "instrument of choice" for many here, but I have seen reports that (for what they are) they are quite good. Maybe good for a child wanting to "have a go"?

Anyway, just thought I would mention it - stock will obviously vary place to place - but for the right person and the right store, this could be a bargain.

Thanks. That I didn't check. I just noticed the discount from their "usual" price, but if they were overcharging in the first place discounts are easy.

If there is only £3 (+p/p) difference, I would not go to Maplins who are going out of business, but spend the extra to go to FLO.

Recommendation retracted!

4 minutes ago, Demonperformer said:

Thanks. That I didn't check. I just noticed the discount from their "usual" price, but if they were overcharging in the first place discounts are easy.

If there is only £3 (+p/p) difference, I would not go to Maplins who are going out of business, but spend the extra to go to FLO.

Recommendation retracted!

Me too, besides the after sale service, it would cost me a bit in fuel and parking to get one from Maplin :) 

I'd also recommend the jump upto the 100p which has the parabolic mirror instead of the spherical one of the 76. The 100p is over double the cost but worth it :) 

Archived