NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What happened to Zhumells Scopes ?

Just looking all over the web looking for Zhumell scopes not many carry them if any and those that had them listed all show to be out of stock . Not in the market to buy right now but just curious what happened to them , did they close the market on them ? Then I looked around for the Apetura scopes and only found one place that carried them and had them in stock supposedly . Are solid tube dobs bigger than 8" being left out of the market now ? Just curious as I say . Since i'm retired from imaging I haven't taken my C8 on a EQ5 mount out to play with . Been thinking maybe to sell it in the future and maybe get a dob if the wife doesn't object to it  :(  . 

I don't know about Zhumell's status but they are a brand rather than a manufacturer so you can probably find the same models else where with different branding. Their dobs are made by GSO if I remember rightly. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this.  Zhumell is/was telescopesplus.com's brand name.  Ricochet is correct, the original Zhumell dobs were GSO made.  Most of the dobs sold in the US are Synta made.  As you have surmised, TP has rebranded their dobs as Apertura.  They still appear to be GSO sourced.

Archived