Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rosette Nebula - combining LP filters

KemalOz

get.jpg?insecure

This is my first attempt to combine data from two different LP filters to get both detail and better color. Being a noob didn't make it easy, especially the aligning part! :) I have used PS and LR for processing. I'm guessing I could have done a better job but I'm done for the day. 

14 hours ago, Rodd said:

Looks pretty good--the Bok structures are easilly seen and I like the palette.  Maybe a tad clipped at the dark end, but pleasant to view none the less.

Rodd

thanks. I think I have clipped it while trying to increase the contrast. I can't have a properly dark background from city skies and have pretty bad gradient.

6 hours ago, KemalOz said:

thanks. I think I have clipped it while trying to increase the contrast. I can't have a properly dark background from city skies and have pretty bad gradient.

If you can manage to tame the gradients (DBE in PI, or Gradient Exdterminator in PS), you will then be able to assign a value to the background of your choosing.

Rodd

Archived