Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Zwo ASI120MM CONNECTION TO PHD

I have just bought a new ZWO ASI120MM and I am trying to connect to PHD.

I have downloaded the driver from the ZWO website and the camera shows in Device Manager. It is also recognised in SharpCap  and I can see changes on screen when I remove the lens cap, but when I try to link it to PHD using the Windows WDM as suggested in the user manual, I get the following reports:

Error Initialising WDM Services

Problem connecting to camera.

The PHD screen seems very simple and this seems to be the only way to connect the camera. I have tried almost all of the other options in the dropdown menu but nothing works.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi. The WDM driver is a bit of a nightmare to set up optimally. Best to connect a ZWO camera to PHD2 using the ZWO driver. You probably missed it as it's the last on the list and you can't see it unless you scroll down to the bottom of the drop down.

Probably best to start again and create a new profile with the camera connected, whereupon the correct values will be chosen for you. If you don't want to do that you could choose it when you connect as below. HTH.

zwo.JPG.e1426067ed924acd1466099021c14638.JPG

Archived