NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Virgo galaxy cluster: take the tour!

ollypenrice

3 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

It was a full day's work to process a night's capture, though.

Only 1?  Wow--you have this down.  I am working on figuring out a way to accomplish this in PI.  I know it can be done, but so far, the method is elusive.  

Rodd

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is spectacular. I almost don't even know where to look, the sheer amount of galaxies on show is astounding. Amazing work guys! 

Not sure why, but my eye was immediately drawn to these 2 (interacting?) galaxies at lower middle. Simply beautiful:

Capture.JPG

7 hours ago, Xiga said:

This is spectacular. I almost don't even know where to look, the sheer amount of galaxies on show is astounding. Amazing work guys! 

Not sure why, but my eye was immediately drawn to these 2 (interacting?) galaxies at lower middle. Simply beautiful:

Capture.JPG

I'm glad you liked that pair. We did too. It was the TEC that brought out the distinct colour difference between them and provided sufficient definition to lift them beyond 'fuzzy blob' status.

Olly

8 hours ago, Xiga said:

Capture.JPG

Yes, one (two) of my favourites as well. There are several other small gems in the image. Just keep looking.

Archived