My first deep sky image m42

Evening to all

Im pretty new here and to AP but am really enjoying it, iv learned allot over the last few months and the members on here have been very helpfull. As the weather in the uk has been pretty pants over the last few months i decided to process some images i took in my first AP session, granted m42 is not center frame but i was that excited when i took this i overlooked that important detail. The equipment im using is a Skywatcher 150p on a EQ3-GOTO Mount and my camera is an Olympus e420. Iv added an Orion 50mm Guide scope and ZWO ASI120 since these were took so i can get longer exsposures but due to the weather havent had chance to test it yet. Anyway here are the pictures i took before and after processing and obviously im open to any advise.

PSX_20180317_121205.thumb.jpg.0e7e2e81f41e123d6edbf907fb1bf923.jpg

PSX_20180317_121956.thumb.jpg.d1d57c81686eb78c23e0d8510b1a3386.jpg

Not bad for first attempt.

Great image but to me it looks a little on the blue side. I am not sure about processing Olympus e420 images as I use CCD. So I will let someone else comment on that.

However, tracking looks not bad. Which is a good start :)

Congratulations. Excellent start on a beautiful image.

20 minutes ago, Star101 said:

Not bad for first attempt.

Great image but to me it looks a little on the blue side. I am not sure about processing Olympus e420 images as I use CCD. So I will let someone else comment on that.

However, tracking looks not bad. Which is a good start :)

Congratulations. Excellent start on a beautiful image.

Thank you Star101

Yes i see what you mean about the blue, is there a way i can bring out more coulors in it ?. Seems to have a very bright core this nebula.

14 hours ago, Starman1115 said:

Evening to all

Im pretty new here and to AP but am really enjoying it, iv learned allot over the last few months and the members on here have been very helpfull. As the weather in the uk has been pretty pants over the last few months i decided to process some images i took in my first AP session, granted m42 is not center frame but i was that excited when i took this i overlooked that important detail. The equipment im using is a Skywatcher 150p on a EQ3-GOTO Mount and my camera is an Olympus e420. Iv added an Orion 50mm Guide scope and ZWO ASI120 since these were took so i can get longer exsposures but due to the weather havent had chance to test it yet. Anyway here are the pictures i took before and after processing and obviously im open to any advise.

orion test 2.TIF

orion test 2-2.tif

You'll get more replies if you convert the images to JPEG, perhaps resize them down a little and post them as images.

Olly

1 hour ago, knobby said:

Hope you don't mind Starman, I was bored ! So quickly converted your image on my phone with Photoshop express to a jpeg so as Olly suggested it shows on the forum.

PSX_20180317_121205.jpg

PSX_20180317_121956.jpg

Not at all Knobby thanks for doing that.

2 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

You must be pleased, a great start. I'm a little confused on your defraction pattern. Have you checked collimation.

Hiya yes very pleased with this i wasent expecting to see much the first time and when i saw this i was amazed. Im not sure how to check collimation as i said im new to all this but now you have mentioned it i will be checking in to this to make sure its all good. do you know of any good tutorials on collimation ?

4 hours ago, knobby said:

www.astro-baby.com/collimation/astro%20babys%20collimation%20guide.htm

Excellent read Knobby. I read up to the point when it says to check the spider vanes are all equal distances mine are all 75.5 mm in every direction so i took a picture just to get a second opinion before i go any further, no point ajusting it if its not needed.

20180317_193734.jpg

Archived