OAG test

So on Saturday night I decided to try again to use my OAG with the SW200p and I went for the M13.
Single 150sec exposure.
Hypertuned gen2 eq6, SW 200p, canon 450D astromod, IDAS LPS-D1 CLIP filter, TS09OAG for EOS, Lacerta mgen autoguider, Baader mpcc mark III.
Was a bit windy but after a while it calmed down a bit.
Full frame and crop.

LRM_EXPORT_20180225_225150.thumb.jpg.e5977a7f9140767fdedf3c09000a2688.jpg20180226_110455.thumb.jpg.f0667ad6e30cfa235b25495d60d0e4cf.jpg

I think I'm not using the right settings on my autoguider in combination with the OAG because the wind calmed down a bit and I was loosing most of the frames due to the movement of the guide star. I had set in APT to have the exposure cancelled when the guide star is moving more than 2 pixels. I wonder if I should increase the aggression. I had it set to 50% in RA and 60% in DEC.

Emil

If you are losing your guide star I wouldn't think it has anything to do with your RA and DEC aggressiveness, it's more likely to do with the s/n ratio of the guide star, poor seeing or even your OTA being blown by the wind.

As noted above, there is a log saved so posting that would help to see what is happening.

1 hour ago, RayD said:

As noted above, there is a log saved so posting that would help to see what is happening.

1 hour ago, Demonperformer said:

I am no PHD expert, but I think there is a log file produced. Posting this may help others analyse any problems. 

I'm using a Lacerta standalone autoguider so no PHD.

Archived