NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ES 40mm MaxVision eyepiece

Piero

De-cloaked my 28mm Maxvision after reading this thread.  Very easy to do and used the eye-shield from the 2" 28mm eyepiece that came with my Skywatcher 120ED and the Maxvision cap fits over this very well once the rubber is rolled down for storage.  I now have an eyepiece that fits in the EP case! :) and saves a reasonable amount of weight indeed.  The MV 28mm is optically a great eyepiece but it was always a pain to use having to lug it in its original box as there was no room for it anywhere else so I almost sold it.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Davesellars said:

De-cloaked my 28mm Maxvision after reading this thread.  Very easy to do and used the eye-shield from the 2" 28mm eyepiece that came with my Skywatcher 120ED and the Maxvision cap fits over this very well once the rubber is rolled down for storage.  I now have an eyepiece that fits in the EP case! :) and saves a reasonable amount of weight indeed.  The MV 28mm is optically a great eyepiece but it was always a pain to use having to lug it in its original box as there was no room for it anywhere else so I almost sold it.

Any pics? :D 

Archived