NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 2997 ZWO ASI 071 Pro

Benklerk

Its been a while. I don't usually image during summer. It gets dark to late.
Here is the latest image I took in January.

NGC 2997 is a face-on unbarred spiral galaxy about 25 million light-years away in the constellation Antlia. NGC 2997 is particularly notable for a nucleus surrounded by a chain of hot giant clouds of ionized hydrogen. Seen face-on, NGC 2997 looks similar to M83.

GSO 6" RC
HEQ5 Pro
ZWO ASI 071 PRO
7 x 10min = 70min total exposure

https://www.astrobin.com/users/benklerk/
https://www.facebook.com/bmastrophotography/

NGC 2997.jpg

49 minutes ago, MarsG76 said:

What a excellent result for only 70 mins of exposure... well done.. no doubt the ASI 71Pro is cooled..... good stuff... this would take me about 2 nights worth of exposing with the uncooled modded 40D.

Hi

Yes the 71 Pro is cooled. I usually cool down to -15C. But in summer its around -10C if it drops below 25C at night. But this summer has been a heat wave so the nights are usually to warm.

15 minutes ago, Benklerk said:

Hi

Yes the 71 Pro is cooled. I usually cool down to -15C. But in summer its around -10C if it drops below 25C at night. But this summer has been a heat wave so the nights are usually to warm.

Look at the noise you get at -10C and now imagine what I process through when my subs get 22ish to over 30C.. 

6 minutes ago, Demonperformer said:

Nice capture. You even seem to have got a ring of dark matter next to it :wink:.

Seriously, I like to see some of the southern objects being imaged on SGL. This one, although theoretically within reach of me in south england, is not really practical.

Thanks.

Yeah I know. Its a dust artifact that my flats failed to remove.

Archived