Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

milburn wedge

hello

i have the cpc 1100 gps xlt sct telescope from celestron.

i bought the milburn wedge couple days ago. i understood that with the mount that i have (from celestron) you need to drill some holes in the mount.

does someone here have the system i have (the cpc and the milburn wedge)? and know where to drill the holes? what size/diameter and depth? and can send a picture of it? because the last thing i want to do is to drill holes in the wrong place...

thank you very much!

You drill the wedge not the base.

The Milburn is probaby drilled to fit a Meade LX.

If you're  lucky tbe CPC may have the same spacing of its  mounting holes in the base.

If not carefully measure the spacing on the CPC base and drill the two clearance holes in the wedge - the third bolt goes in the slot at the top of the wedge plate

The base holes are UNC 3/8"-16 threaded, you should make sure the bolts you use aren't too long and touch components inside the base.

There are templates available  if you google something like  Celestron CPC base hole template.

Michael 

Michael 

Archived