Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Newtonian Reflectors and dew

i have a 250mm Newtonian Reflectors and as the cold wet nights are getting here now i have started getting problems with the secondary mirror getting dewed up i have seen the little 12v Hair Dryers for removing dew but i wanted to know if there is a better answer, is there a way to stop it happening in the first place.

cheers glen

Dewshield does it for me - worked a treat at Salisbury. You may still want one of those ickle hair dryers through to deal with the finderscope dewing up ( it wont if you leave the caps on but I forgot ).

Kendrick ( I think ) also do a secondary mirror dew heater for Newts. Do a serach on here for dew shields and I put a post up a few weeks ago about it. Its a little booty that goes round the secondary mirror holder but it does require a conroller AND you'll have to run electric lines down the vanes.

Archived