NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mounting an ADM Side by Side bar to HEQ5?

Hi there - just wanted to check something.

If I were to purchase this ADM Side by Side bar This One

Would i need a different puck or a Vixen to Losmandy adapter (Like This) to go on the standard puck first, then mount the Side by Side bar to this?

I presume then a normal Canon lens with tripod plate would then fit on one of the Side Bar okay? Does anyone know where you can get tripod plates for Canon lenses that are longer than normal?

Thanks for any info in advance :)

Tom.

11 minutes ago, Z3roCool said:

Sorry - only mentioned it in the title! HEQ5.

My fault for not spotting it !

I would have thought the puck on your HEQ5 head would be a Vixen type unless it's been changed. If it's a Vixen then this should be the correct bar http://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/adm-vixen-style-side-by-side-dual-mounting-bar.html

13 minutes ago, Spikey said:

My fault for not spotting it !

I would have thought the puck on your HEQ5 head would be a Vixen type unless it's been changed. If it's a Vixen then this should be the correct bar http://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/adm-vixen-style-side-by-side-dual-mounting-bar.html

Thanks for reply. Okay, getting my head round this a bit more :-) The one in the link would work straight to the HEQ5 but was looking at the larger one (in initial link) as looks to be a bit more sturdy. Will need the adapter plate by the look of it. 

Need to mount a 400L Canon lens to one side and a guide scope the other so worrying about weight a little. Will be using for imaging.

Nice! Is that the vixen size ADM bar? If so, did you get any flex in the bars with that load on it? I am getting the HEQ5 Pro GOTO. Wondering if I only need that size bar rather than the larger Losmandy style on (D Series) 

2 hours ago, Z3roCool said:

Nice! Is that the vixen size ADM bar? If so, did you get any flex in the bars with that load on it? I am getting the HEQ5 Pro GOTO. Wondering if I only need that size bar rather than the larger Losmandy style on (D Series) 

Yes that's the vixen and no flex at all, plus I've widened them as far as they'll go. It's a very sturdy piece of kit.

• 1 month later...
On 21/01/2018 at 22:07, Spikey said:

If it's the HEQ5 pro it's plenty sturdy enough for what your intended use is. Here's my ADM bar that used to be on a HEQ5.

20180114_181255.thumb.jpg.68ddfdeeea31b6a728a032d9c1894a7c.jpg

I am wanting this set up. At the moment I have my scopes piggyback.
If I were to swap the scope on the left for a SW 130PDS & DSLR would the mount struggle with weight/balance?

Archived