Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help with guiding

tony8690

Hi All,

Just looking for some advice on using PHD2. i have it installed on a raspberry pi 3 using the astroberry build.

i have an Orion 50mm guide scope and a ZWO ASI 120MC-S USB 3.0 Colour Camera for my guide camera, but every time i go to use it it never tracks.

It doesn't calibrate when i start it even though i have set it up the best i know how too (looking online and youtube videos).

does anyone have this same setup? not necessarily the astroberry but linux based os with orion guide scope and ZWO ASI 120MC-S USB 3.0 Colour Camera.

i really want to get this working so i can get some better shots.

will happily answer any questions i can.

also in PHD2:

camera is ZWO ASI 120MC-S USB 3.0 Colour Camera

Mount is set to on camera.

i have the ST cable from camera plugged in to autoguide port on my EQ3 pro syn scan control board. (not handset) 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

T

No error message from PHD2 ?

There is an "enable guiding" tickbox in the "brain" menus that may need ticking.

Check that the guidestar moves when you use the Manual Guide buttons jn the tools dropdown menu - make the step setting 5000 to get noticeable moves.

If it doesn't move it might be a duff ST4 cable.

Michael

On 10/01/2018 at 23:58, michael8554 said:

No error message from PHD2 ?

There is an "enable guiding" tickbox in the "brain" menus that may need ticking.

Check that the guidestar moves when you use the Manual Guide buttons jn the tools dropdown menu - make the step setting 5000 to get noticeable moves.

If it doesn't move it might be a duff ST4 cable.

Michael

Thanks, I'll have to look at that option when I next set it all up. 

I'll let you know when I try it next time!

Thanks,

T

Archived