NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Reality has kicked in

6 hours ago, wxsatuser said:

Have run it through ACR and there is no problem with colour, it's in there just needs to be bought out.

Unfortunately the lens is a bit of a dog, bad abberations, some obvious vignetting and something going on in the centre as well.

DSC_0008test.jpg.46e5b01968a720519158a18ac02bc3c4.jpg

the lens is a tamron 16-300mm i used it at 300mm f6.3 would stopping down a bit more help in time i will get either a scope or a prime lens but this is my only option for now

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would make a lens shield for it, even a black plastic flower pot can be used, that centre light splodeging I also saw could be some form of light scatter.

There are some guides on budgetastro.net that can be followed and best matched in CS2 or what ever it is you use to help get started with processing.

You could try stopping down a bit further. Experiment and try focusing on a bright star where the thirds intersect.

1 hour ago, wxsatuser said:

That's fine if you have no alternative, you could try stopping further or try a different focal length that might have better performance.

Would be a good idea to take some flats to cure the uneven light/vignetting.

the image was made up with 90 lights 20 darks 20 flats 20 bias so dont know?

Archived