NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Equipment Check

Hi all, got a lot of good advice and information from here over the last few weeks.

Finally decided that I am going to purchase the HEQ5 SYNSCAN PRO mount.

I am planning on initially using this with my Canon 7D and 500L f4 lens to see how I get on.

I am also looking at getting a guide scope and camera - Altair 60mm Guide Scope + GPCAM2 Mono Camera as one option. Would anyone know if this would be suitable for good guiding with this lens/mount?

I am going away to Morocco (West Coast, away from towns and down into desert) in February. Will test all the kit before I go but Morocco will be my first chance to use the kit in anger as it were.

My main question is, is there anything else that I will need to get this up and running (Got Laptop). Presume will need a power pack and software for the laptop etc. I also have 'Every Photon Counts' and have been reading up on stuff (Processing etc.) over the last 3-4 months.

Not expecting great results on my first outing, have to start somewhere! Do not want to forget something silly!

Many thanks for any ideas/help.

Tom.

Make sure you have the possibillity to recharge your batteries... mains is 220V at 50Hz, but the plug is a bit different from the UK. Be sure to bring a converter plug. There will always be something you did not think about... don't let that spoil your fun...
Keep a dairy that will be so valuable and entertaining for when you are back.

Most of all: enjoy the beautifull dark skies you will have there and be in awe about the wonders of the Universe!

I wish you a great time!!!

14 minutes ago, Waldemar said:

Make sure you have the possibillity to recharge your batteries... mains is 220V at 50Hz, but the plug is a bit different from the UK. Be sure to bring a converter plug. There will always be something you did not think about... don't let that spoil your fun...
Keep a dairy that will be so valuable and entertaining for when you are back.

Most of all: enjoy the beautifull dark skies you will have there and be in awe about the wonders of the Universe!

I wish you a great time!!!

What a great idea! Did not think of a diary. Yeah, was wondering about power and recharging. Have a convertor and will be in a camper van, hopefully with an electric hookup. 

Thanks for the good wishes :0)

Archived