Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Loadstar x2 vs. QHY5L-II Mono

Jkulin

Hi again,

Simple question, is there any benefit using the Loadstar X2 vs. the QHY5L-II-Mono

I find myself wanting another Guide Camera and although I currently use a QHY5L-II-Mono I wondered whether to transfer one of these over to my Esprit 80 setup and replace the one of either the Esprit 100 or the RC?

Thanks for your input.

The only reason I can think of for wanting a more sensitive guide cam is if you are unable to find a suitable star in your guider's FoV.

AFAIK that would only really be an issue if you were using an Off Axis Guider in a sparse field or with an exceptionally long focal length.

Thanks Pete, the OAG was an option until @RayD advised that there would be an issue with distances, so unless I changed systems away from Atik then OAG are not going to be possible.

I have purchased on suggestion from Ray a QHY Mini Guide Scope for my portable setup, so would then move one of my QHY5L-II-Mono camera's to that as I use parfocal rings on each camera for the focusing on the scope, which would probably mean buying a replacement, so with that in mind should I consider the Lodestar X2?

Archived