SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Pixel Pattern on image?

SimonS

Hi all,

Given the recent Lunar imaging contest and the clear skies I have had lately, I have started trying my hand at some photography. I have an Orion StarShoot IV that was given to me a few years ago that has sat in its box until recently. I took an image a few days ago that I posted in the contest that given it was my first real attempt at photography using this camera I was happy with. However I noticed that the resolution of the .avi I had collected was only 640 x 480, which I thought was relatively small. Since I was using Orion AmCap I tried to alter the resolution for future images but was unable to. I have since used SharpCap to capture the .avi as I am able to increase the resolution up to the maximum the camera can produce of 1280 x 1024. I collected more frames today using the larger resolution hoping to increase the detail etc that I was able to capture, but once I had stacked the images in Registax 6 and was altering the layers in the wavelets section I started to notice the patterns across the images, which I can only guess shows the placement of pixels etc. 

Can anyone explain what is causing these 'patterns' and what I can do to remove them. Is it simply to do with noise etc and I can remove this if I were to collect Dark, Bias and Flat Field frames etc?

This is the image I collected and stacked on the first night with the smaller resolution.

5a4abad49583d_18_45_01New2.jpg.136e4ead6e6295a299386f892d3329e8.jpg

And this is the one that I took tonight with larger resolution, but showing the patterns.

5a4abbeb85616_21_16_38Wavelet3.jpg.1e0a1e999ebf1c7a42b5ee140c92b318.jpg

Many Thanks :)

Simon

Archived