Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Guiding setup on a Star Adventurer?

Hi all, Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year??

I have an SA & have recently purchased a autoguider/50mm finder guidescope.

I'v seen many SA setups where the guidescope is attached to a ball head which is then connected to the SA L-bracket. This type of setup looks great for positioning the scope to locate a guide star, but how does it fair strength wise?

Do any of you SA guiders setup their guiding system differently?

Much appreciated

Ryan??

I am using a 8x50 Finder attached to my telescop with a Finder Base.. works also !! Do not have any Picture of the setup right now.. but just google the Internet, you will find many images..

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Regards

Martin

Thanks for your replies guys.

Serbiadarksky, with your guide scope attached to the counter weight bar, how accurate was your tracking? I've been advised to keep it either above or below the main image train, as having it left or right of it introduces guide errors? 

Any advice on this? I will be using a Synguider 2 to guide. 

Thanks

Ryan

50 minutes ago, Ryan_86 said:

Thanks for your replies guys.

Serbiadarksky, with your guide scope attached to the counter weight bar, how accurate was your tracking? I've been advised to keep it either above or below the main image train, as having it left or right of it introduces guide errors? 

Any advice on this? I will be using a Synguider 2 to guide. 

Thanks

Ryan

I did 8min subs 100% keept, never tried above but probably go as long as its dark outside

Archived