Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Alternative solution

Subdeo

Recently, I received a red dot viewfinder to put on my Meade ETX 90. To my chagrin, no mount that was provided fit with my model of telescope :mad: ! After some thought, I found the (almost) perfect solution.

First, I taped a piece of paper to the telescope to protect it. Next,  I held the viewfinder in the rough position that it would need to end up in. I found that I would need to tilt the viewfinder forward and to the side slightly, or the dot would be off the center of the target by too much to correct using the knobs. To accomplish this tilt, I used a piece of craft stick glued to the paper that marked the spot for the red dot. Once I had accomplished the appropriate tilt preparation, I put some hot glue on the stick, the paper, and the bottom of one of the viewfinder mounts and pressed it onto the paper and craft stick. After letting the glue dry, cleaning up the glue "spiderwebs", and slightly adjusting the knobs, I was ready. 

For the first test, I put the telescope up to the window and neatly placed the red dot in the path of an aircraft. Looking through the eyepiece, sure enough; there was the airplane, pretty as you please. 

I know this is not the ideal solution, but hey, it works. Now I'm ready for anything! 

DSCN5099.thumb.JPG.c20c479625eceacb5abfeaefe9d7dfb5.JPGDSCN5100.thumb.JPG.b72a7f2ccdd06452838e527528e5f704.JPG 

Archived