Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 7635 Bubble and M52 in Ha

Filroden

Well, two clear nights in a row. It must be Christmas already!

While I collect LRGB data for this same image, here's the Bubble and M52 in Ha. Another flawless and quick polar align and another failed meridian flip though I did find out why my previous one hit the mount - my clock was 80 minutes fast. I foolishly paused my sequence and did my own flip which confused SGPro and PHD2 no end. Had to do a complete star alignment and restart the sequence. If I'd only left SGPro to do its own thing then it would probably have been fine.

I never realised how busy this part of the sky was. It looks like another mosaic target.

Image details:

• Taken on the evening of 11 November 2017 .
  • Equipment: Skywatcher Esprit 80 with the ZWO 1600MM-C using an Astrodon 3nm Ha filter mounted on the AVX with OAG guiding
  • Exposures: 20 x 240s at unity gain
  • Processed: Pixinsight and Photoshop

large.5a0f4c0147950_NGC7635_20171117v1Hamono.jpg.5e4248b724b5ef1a2afff03fc3de3856.jpg

Colour version hopefully to follow as I'm collecting LRGB as I type.

15 minutes ago, wxsatuser said:

Looks good to me, for the shortish time spent. :icon_salut:

Yes it as a busy area, some nice individual targets and great for widefield.

Thanks Mike. I may have to crack out the Samyang 135mm to get the wider field and use this image to help sharpen the detail in the bubble.

Inevitably the clouds rolled over as I was collecting the colour data. The L data looks ok but I need at least twice as much Ha and L. Tonight looks like it could make it three in a row though the wind will be quite strong.

Archived