M31 and The Pleides.

Stu Wilson

Couple of goes at M31 and The Pleides last night (12/11/17)

Started to get some colour out of M31. Still not convinced focus is 100 percent but Bahtinov mask is in the post.

Anyway equipment used.

SW 200P, NEQ6pro mount, Canon 650d, Orion Starshoot Guide camera.

M31 54 x 150sec @ ISO 800 5 darks 20 bias darks Stacked in DSS tweaked in PSP.

Pleides 10 x 120sec @ ISO 800 5 darks 20 bias darks Stacked in DSS tweaked in PSP.

Please comment and help where possible.

Thanks for looking.

Clear Skies

Stuie :-)

m312psp.jpg

pleides121117.jpg

As mentioned in another post reply, flats will make a good difference and also show up any collimation error (looking at the Pleiades collimation may be out a bit).

Colour is a bit green. I have that problem in images and, for me, the easiest way to solve it is by adjusting saturation and colour balance (align RGB peaks) in DSS.

Saturation.jpg

ColourBalance.jpg

On 11/14/2017 at 05:04, bobro said:

As mentioned in another post reply, flats will make a good difference and also show up any collimation error (looking at the Pleiades collimation may be out a bit).

Colour is a bit green. I have that problem in images and, for me, the easiest way to solve it is by adjusting saturation and colour balance (align RGB peaks) in DSS.

Saturation.jpg

ColourBalance.jpg

I agree with the above, some people say that you should leave the settings in DSS alone, but I find that it my resulting image looks very grey and devoid of color if I don't do it.

Archived